‘What’s that one thing that you’ll either live or die for’?
This is a question most people find difficult to answer. My sole aim here is to help you succeed in whatever opportunity you may find yourself.
Multilevel Marketing (MLM) is not a quick-money business for just anybody. It takes a lot from distributors to build up their businesses. Like any other business out there, 90% of new businesses fail in their first year. 90% of the ones that stayed on fail after their fourth year. This statistic is very much applicable any all the industry you can think of that’s why it takes a lot to succeed in business.
Now having established that fact, many MLM company exist today; many of them are either product or service based. But one thing is common amongst all; they’re all looking for ‘You and I’. Yes, you heard me right; you and I make the difference. All of them make lots of promises to you. All of them offer you opportunities to live rich lifestyles have more time for you and family, have lots of money to do whatever you want, however you want and whenever you want. That’s good but none of them have ever asked you what you want. They believe based on psychology and motivational theories available out there that every one of you want/need the same thing.
Even though we may all share one or two of those needs, we still secret obsessions which is not mentioned above. So I ask, what’s that thing that can keep you awake all through the night? Yes, it’s that same thing that can make you climb the tallest mountain and swim past the longest river ten times over and not get tired. It’s your secret obsession.
Finding your WHY in MLM or any other industry makes your work 50-70% complete. It’s the reason why when every other person is giving up, you’re pushing to your higher calling. It forms your motivating factor. A well thought out WHY can save your life.
The major problem most people face is that they’re too in a hurry to make money and pay-off their debts/bills. Please don’t get me wrong, money is good but when your focus is on money alone then, you’re not yet ready for business. You must find a need in other people’s lives and meet them. Money as they say moves in the direction of quality service. Simply put, when your product or service is able to meet a need, then, you can make sales and possibly recruit others into that opportunity.
Your real why stems from your divinely orchestrated path; that’s what you’re called out to do on earth. How would you feel if in the end of your journey on earth, you’re congratulated because you finished your work and won your race? It doesn’t have to be all about you or about money. If I may ask you, what will you do with your life if you had all the time and money in the world? You now see it goes beyond money, time and all that you were promised. You could have more than one WHY. Genuine WHY are mostly people driven and it should be bigger than you.
Your intention must be right! A badly thought out intention will make you want to reach your goals by all means. The implications are as follows:
- Through hook or crook;
- Make unreliable/empty promises just to get people join you;
- Coarse and not logically present an opportunity for prospects to make a choice;
- Making you engage in irregularities and create bad belly about your opportunity;
- Your people may never be able to replicate you;
- Your focus will remain on sales rather than leadership and relationship.
- In the end you’ll drive people away from you and your opportunity.
Tips to help you figure out your WHY.
- What makes you smile?
- What are your favorite activities?
- What makes you lose track of time?
- What are you naturally gifted at?
- What do people always ask you for help in?
- What do you regret not doing?
- What causes are you passionate about?
- What are your deepest values?
- If you were to be a lecturer, what course would you teach?
- Given your talents, passions and values. How could you use these resources to serve, to help, to contribute; the society?
If you’re able to discover your WHY, you’re on your way to MLM Bliss!